Last Updated on October 6, 2022 by Claire
For a blender to last long, it must be properly cleaned and maintained. Cleaning a blender takes some time and effort. Food particles may get stuck under the blade or around it, and this may make it hard to clean the blender properly. So, right after using the blender, can you put a blender in the dishwasher and clear it off immediately?
The blender is a widely used tool, but sometimes there could be issues with the use of blenders. One major issue that arises is in the cleaning of blenders. Due to this difficulty in getting some stuck food particles out, some persons may just abandon their blender, leaving it dirty with evidence of previous blended dishes.
The truth remains that sometimes, blenders are difficult to clean that some people may just want to stick them into the dishwasher but the question is this, is it safe to do that?
Can you put a blender in the dishwasher?
If you have used your blender to blend, you can simply put the jar into the dishwasher without fear of getting it damaged. The blender base is not fit for the dishwasher, so do not wash it there.
You can comfortably put some parts of a blender such as a lid and a jar in the dishwasher. But the blender base shouldn’t go inside the dishwater so as not to damage the electrical wirings with water.
What Is The Easiest Way To Clean A Blender?
After blending a delicious smoothie, there’s a high chance of your blender looking messy. Either you clean up the blender right away, or you can decide to leave it for a future time.
But should you decide to clean up the blender immediately without the risk of getting hurt from the blades, then the following steps should help:
- Add water to the blender container
- Add a tiny drop of dish soap
- Cover the blender container with the lid and attach it back to the base
- Run the blender for like 25 seconds
- Detach the blender container from the base and shake a bit
- Turn the blender upside down and shake again
- Rinse with warm water
- Flip the blender container upside down without the lid and allow it to dry completely.
It is easy and simple to clean your blender using this method right after making smoothies, soups, or blending anything with your blender.
Is The Ninja Professional Blender Dishwasher Safe?
Having the Ninja Professional Blender in your kitchen helps you with versatility, especially with the fact that it is budget-friendly and easily affordable. To add to the amazing features of the website, the lid, blade, and containers are dishwasher-safe. This makes it easy to clean up after blending mushy stuff like margaritas, homemade nut butter, or even complex smoothies.
Before putting the Ninja professional blender into the dishwasher, remember to remove the blade assemblies from the container. The blades of the Ninja blender are very sharp, so be careful while touching them as they can cut you with ease.
Also, don’t submerge the base of the Ninja blender into the water, rather you should unplug from the electricity, then wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
Can I Put My Vitamix In The Dishwasher?
So when considering if you can put a blender In the dishwasher, the model of your blender should also be considered. Vitamix is one of the top blenders in the market currently, and the reason is that there are Vitamix series that are very dishwasher-safe and even come with instructions on how to go about it. The S-series 20-ounce and 40-ounce containers are highly dishwasher-safe.
If you have the S30 vitamix blender series, then be aware that the blade base, seals, lids, and tamper are dishwasher safe. If you don’t have this model, then please do not put your Vitamix blender in the dishwater to avoid damager.
Vitamix Pre-Set Cleaning Cycle
The dishwasher friendly Vitamix blender series are equipped with pre-programmed clean settings that allows the blender to clean itself right after use. To use this function, follow the steps mentioned earlier, then apply the clean setting.
What happens is that the blender will turn itself off automatically once completed. Then you rinse thoroughly and allow to dry. Remember you shouldn’t use hot water when running the cleaning cycle.
Can I Put My NutriBullet Cup In The Dishwasher?
If you need a blender to serve you perfectly without taking up a lot of counter space, then you should know that the Nutribullet is the perfect blender. For the clean-up phase, NutriBullet cups, rings, lids, and blades are all dishwasher safe.
To clean up your NutriBullet blender, rinse the blender components first before you decide to put it into a dishwasher. Make sure no food particles are left behind. Also know that the sanitize cycle shouldn’t be used when washing the parts in the dishwasher as the plastic may wrap.
If there is a spill around the power base, shut down the blender as a safety precaution and unplug it to avoid damaging the NutriBullet blender. Immediately you unplug the blender, remove the cup and blade, then clean the spill with a damp cloth. Remember never to submerge the base of your blender in water, and never put the base in a dishwaher. After washing, allow to dry before use again.
Disadvantages of washing a blender in the dishwasher
As already stated earlier, the base of the blender should not be put in a dishwasher. The presence of water may damage the electrical components of the blender. Other disadvantages include;
- Putting the blender in a dishwasher could ruin the gasket ring of the blender. If the gasket ring is continually washed at high temperatures, it could degrade the rubber.
- If the blades of a blender are put in a dishwasher, care should be taken because they can get damaged if they bang against other dishes in the dishwasher.
- If the blender jar is made of glass, putting it in the dishwasher together with other kitchen utensils may make these materials bang against each other and the blender jar could break or it may become scratched.
- If the blades of the blender are continually washed in the dishwasher, they may tend to become dull after some time.
Note the following:
If your blender is declared dishwasher safe, then it means that it is safe to put it in a dishwasher, but you should note the following while putting your blender in a dishwasher.
The bottom rack of a dishwasher is always hot. This is because it is closer to the heating element of the dishwasher. This means that the water at the bottom of the dishwasher is hotter than that at the top.
High temperatures could damage the rubber on the gasket and could also spoil some parts of the blender. If you want to prolong the life of your blender, then do not put them in the last part of the dishwasher.
You can place them at the top. This means that you can place cutlery, bowls and plates at the bottom of the dishwasher and then place your blender at the top of the dishwasher.
This will help prolong the life of your blender since the water at the top of the dishwasher is cooler than that at the bottom of the dishwasher.
Tips on how to maintain your blender
For your blender to last long and serve its required purpose, it should be properly maintained and taken care of. There are some things that you should have in mind if you want to maintain your blender. These tips include;
- Ensure that you read the manufacturer’s manual of your blender before you use it. The manufacturer’s manual gives you the rules guiding the use of your blender. It shows you the step-by-step methods of operating your blender, special cleaning suggestions and how to maintain the brand and model of the blender that you have bought.
- Always rinse your blender jar thoroughly after every use. Rinsing the blender jar with warm water after every use will prevent food substances from sticking to it. This helps to keep your blender clean and working for a long period of time. You can also go ahead to wash it immediately after use, and clean the base of the blender to prevent ut from being stained by the food particles that may have spilt on it while you were blending.
- When blending, always start from a low speed and then move to a higher speed. Blending from low speed to high speed will prevent your blender from breaking down. You can also pour in liquids, like water into the jar before you put in the solids that you want to blend. This will help to reduce the pressure on the blades and will enhance your blending. With this, your blades will not be overworked and the motor of the blender will keep functioning properly.
- If you want to blend food that is hot, it is advisable to allow it to cool for some minutes. Putting food that is hot into the blender can affect not just only the blender, but it can affect you too. High temperatures can wear down the blades of the blender and some other parts too. Putting the hot food into the blender will damage these parts.
Moreover, there could be cases of food substances splattering from the blender. If you pout in food substances that are too hot into the blender, there could be painful burns if it accidentally splashes on you. Also if your blender jar has a lid, always open the lid after blending and keep yourself away from facing it to avoid getting painful splats too in the eye.
- Do not place utensils inside the blender when the motor is running. Putting hard utensils like spoons inside the blender while it is working may lead to damage to the blades or even the motor. Also, the food products that you are blending could splatter around the walls of the kitchen and the surface of the counter. It is best to turn off the blender before inserting any utensils inside it. Always inspect the blender’s cord before you use it. If there is any damaged part on the cord, fix it before using the blender. It could be very dangerous to use a blender whose cord is damaged as this may lead to fire or even electrocution.
- When blending thick foods, do not let the blender motor run consecutively for a long time. You could just let it run for a minute or two. Then switch it off, allow it to rest for some minutes and then continue blending again. Allowing the blender to run for longer than two minutes could lead to overheating. When the blender keeps overheating, it could become damaged.
All these tips will make your blender last longer. Proper care of a blender is important and necessary for every cook and anyone who loves using the blender to prepare several dishes.
Got any questions, you can leave them in the comments section.