Last Updated on October 30, 2022 by Claire
In this article, I will show you how to clean the dishwasher with apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is odourless, and colourless and makes an effective natural cleaner for many household uses. Its powerful antioxidants kill mould, deter pests, sanitize surfaces and even remove stains. ACV mixed with water has been used to clean dishes, floors, countertops and laundry.
Using apple cider vinegar is also another way of cleaning your dishwasher if you don’t want to use alternative methods such as baking soda and Vinegar.
How do I clean the dishwasher with apple cider vinegar
The best way to clean dishwater without having to use harsh chemicals is with Vinegar, especially the apple cider vinegar variant.
- Two cups of apple cider vinegar should be added to your dishwasher’s detergent dispenser, or you may put it in the safe and run a hot water wash cycle to help remove any leftover residue. Do well to change it to an energy-saving cycle if it corresponds to your dishwasher’s model.
- Simply add roughly a 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar to your empty dishwasher for a quick clean. If you don’t have apple cider vinegar on hand, you may also use distilled white vinegar to clean your dishwasher and remove soap stains. It’s best to run this rinse without any dishes or additional soap in the dishwasher.
- You may combine the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar with a few other powerful household cleaning agents for a deeper clean. Baking soda and bleach may be added to your dishwasher cleaning regimen to help remove food stains, get rid of smells, and thoroughly disinfect the appliance so it works and looks like new. Before you begin, make sure that all big food particles have been eliminated from the dishwasher and the drain. Next, remove the filter and rinse it by soaking it for five to ten minutes in soapy water. Run an apple cider vinegar wash cycle after that, just as you would for regular cleaning.
- After treating your dishwasher with apple cider vinegar, generously sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of the appliance. Rerun the dishwasher on the highest heat setting without adding any soap or vinegar. After the cycle has finished and the washer is still wet, use a toothbrush to scrub any obstinate stains or dirty areas.
- If your dishwasher doesn’t have a stainless steel inside, you may cure any mould or mildew there with a final rinse of bleach (if it does, simply repeat the vinegar and baking soda process.) Pour one cup of bleach into a bowl, place it at the bottom of the dishwasher, and run it one more time to clean it. If you want to clean your dishwasher without using apple cider vinegar, you may make a homemade dishwasher cleaner without vinegar by filling your appliance with simply baking soda or bleach, as mentioned above.
Can I use apple cider vinegar for cleaning the dishwasher?
Most persons are familiar with the many benefits of apple cider vinegar to the body, its benefit are massive and advantageous when used in the right proportion. However, many don’t really know they can also use apple cider vinegar for cleaning dishwasher.
Yes, you can use apple cider vinegar to clean your dishwasher, it’s a good cleaning agent just like the white vinegar. It does a great job in getting your dishwasher clean and deodorized. Moreover, the vinegar may disinfect mouse droppings you come across while cleaning the dishwasher.
How do you make apple cider vinegar cleaner?
Making apple cider vinegar cleaner is super simple, you really don’t need to be a superhuman to make this. All you would need is your apple cider vinegar and water.
- Get a jar of apple cider vinegar
- a bowl of water
Turn the apple cider vinegar into the water and you are done. Easy, right?
This mixture can be used in dishwashers and surfaces, it can get rid of germs and debris and still not harm your dishwasher or the surfaces where it has been applied.
Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar?
You sure can use apple cider vinegar to clean instead of white vinegar. Apple cider vinegar offers the exact same benefits as white vinegar, making it a good alternative for cleaning in place of white vinegar. Although for certain functions, white vinegar is preferred because of its stronger acidic properties.
Since apple cider vinegar is natural, it makes for fast and effective cleaning, leaving your dishwasher and surfaces clean and fresh.
Apple cider vinegar has lots of functionalities and you can see that cleaning your dishwasher is one of them. If you are a DIY minimalist like myself, you should try using apple cider to clean your dishwasher and I can guarantee it would be as effective as any solution you must have used before.
I would like to know your thoughts. What are some of the solutions you have used to clean your dishwasher? Tell me about them in the comment section below.